The suite of the Clever Internet components presents the most efficient and convenient way of accessing the Internet resources from your applications.
Using the Clever Internet Suite you can add instant SSL / TLS security to your Internet applications and implement many useful Internet-related features:
Downloading, uploading and submitting of the Internet-resources. Sending and receiving MIME messages. HTTP, FTP, SMTP, POP3, IMAP and NNTP client / server solutions. SSL / TLS channel with digital certificates support.
- New installations with Delphi 2010 and C++Builder 2010 support were added.
- TcpCommandServer - the ability to add custom commands was implemented.
- DNS Server - new Zone Manager allows you to create and modify zone files on the disk.
- ServerGuard component was implemented - brute-force attack blocking, connection flood detecting and many more.
- Int64 support was implemented in all client and server components.
- IMAP File Handler component was improved.
- NNTP File Handler component was implemented.
- Certificate management was improved - creating certificates, certifcate requests, public/private keys.
- EPP client/server components were added.
- AsyncClient - an asynchronous TCP client component.
- EmailValidator and BounceChecker were added.
- New CookieManager component was added.
- Rss component - is used for creating, retrieving, and editing RSS feeds.
- UdpClient, UdpServer components.
- Custom TCP client/server solution with SSL support.
- Server components improvements - local binding, server protection, session timeout.
- SSL improvements - the ability to require client certificate was added, multiple client certificates support was implemented.
- TCP server - the ability to use non-ascii commands was added.
- The Keep-alive feature for all TCP clients.
- The session timeout feature is implemented in TCP server components.
- Complete Client / Server solutions with full SSL / TLS support for FTP, SMTP, POP3 and IMAP4 protocols.
- TLS / SSL support for all protocol components.
- The ability to verify the client and server credential and certificates.
- HTTP Client - HTTPS (SSL / TLS) protocol, NTLM and Negotiate authentication were implemented.
- FTP, SMTP, POP3, IMAP, NNTP clients - three new TLS modes - implicit, explicit and automatic. STARTTLS command support.
- NTLM authentication for all mail clients was added: POP3, SMTP, IMAP.
When the UseSasl option enabled, these components automatically determine and use the most secured authentication method.
- POP3, SMTP clients - working with GMAIL service.
- Fully functional HTTP / HTTPS client.
- FTP Client - SSL / TLS support, the ability to set FTP file attributes and permissions were added.
FTP FXP (Site to Site) transfer mode
- FTP Server - custom events for all operations with files and directories on the server,
the possibility to customize all file-related operations including compressing and uncompressing functionality.
Virtual File System
- Events for implementing the mail sending / receiving progress with the ability to interrupt the process.
- CertManager - creating self-signed certificates, working with any type of certificate store including
current user stores, local machine stores, file stores, registry stores and so on.
- MailMessage - allows you to create and parse messages in any email format with file Attachments and Embedded pictures,
the ability to determine the attachment size before saving it to the disk.
- POP3 Server - SSL / TLS support, NTLM, APOP and CRAM-MD5 authentication methods,
File System message storage were implemented.
- POP3 Client - SSL / TLS support, NTLM and CRAM-MD5 authentication methods were implemented.
- SMTP Server - SSL / TLS support, NTLM, USER/PASS and CRAM-MD5 authentication methods,
File System message storage were implemented.
- IMAP Client - obtaining the server Capability list; the FETCH command was improved. Now this command uses the BODY parameter instead of RFC822 and
does not change implicitly the message /Seen flag in the same way as MS Outlook does.
- IMAP Server - SSL / TLS support, NTLM and CRAM-MD5 authentication methods, shared folders. File System message storage were implemented.
- The whole socket engine was re-designed. The data transferring speed was dramatically improved.
- A set of new demo programs were included in to the Clever Internet .NET Suite installation and also available for downloading separately.
- Web DAV - manages remote files and folders on a web server.
- DNS Query - queries a DNS server for records. This component can retrieve the mail exchange domain (MX records),
resolve the host IP, retrieve the information about name servers and many other information from the DNS server.
- DNS Server - implements fully functional DNS server and allows you to both manage handed DNS zones and cache non-authoritative DNS records.
- SMTP Relay - implements a SMTP Relay agent. With SMTP relay, a mail message may pass through a number of intermediate
relay or gateway hosts on its path from sender to recipient.
- HTML Parser - parse HTML Tags: links, images, tables, meta tags and many more.
- GZip compressor component - provides compressing / uncompressing feature when transmitting data over the Internet,
storing data in to a file, database and many more.
- RSS client - is used for creating, retrieving, and editing RSS feeds.
- Two new Email validation components - allow you to validate recipienta_Ts email address, mailbox availability and also handle bounce emails.
- Trace Logger - provides logging functionality for storing debug information and tracing your code.
- FTP Client - "certificate required" error occured when connecting to some FTP SSL servers - fixed.
- FTP Server - unhandled exception occured when closing client connection - fixed.
- MailMessage - message parsing hangs when decoding From: header field - fixed.
- SMTP Client and SMTP Relay - error occured when parsing server capability list with empty authentication method - fixed.
- HTTP Client - some fixes in "chunked" content parsing.
- POP3 Client - the Progress event was not raised while receiving small-size messages - fixed.
- POP3 Client - the Progress event parameters were invalid (BytesProceed > TotalBytes) - fixed.
- FTP Server - sometimes the ConnectionClosed event was not raised - fixed.
- FTP Server - there were problems with using relative paths, '..' and paths over the root folder - fixed.
- MailMessage - email address parser was fixed.
- Encoder - base64 decoding fixes was added.
- FTP directory parser for unix - the date was parsed incorrectly if there is no year specified - fixed.
- FtpServer.Stop stops listening on port 21 but it does not close the existing connections - fixed.
- FTP client, DataProtection, PassiveMode, UseTls are assigned incorrectly in design-time - fixed.
- SmtpServer - it is impossible to send the AUTH command with the telnet client - fixed.
- HtmlParser - it is impossible to parse HTML tag attributes which are not separated by spaces - fixed.
- MailMessage.EncodeField - there are problems with encoding of long attachment file names - fixed.
- MailMessage - the Progress event works incorrectly when the component encodes the alternative bodies - fixed.
- MailMessage - inline attachments with Content-Type=unknown are parsed incorrectly - fixed.
- Imap4Server - the body structure command works incorrectly - fixed.
- FtpFileHandler - the server does not raise an error when creating new directory with existing name - fixed.
- AsyncClient - the OnRead event is raised multiple times during reading the socket - fixed.
- CertificateStore.ImportKey - bug with invalid parameter in CryptImportKey function call.
- Encoder - some fixes for Delphi 2009 support.
- Http - the ContentType header with trailing white spaces is extracted incorrectly - fixed.
- HttpRequest - fix for building of the HTTP request by HTML.
- MailMessage - the Date header field is encoded incorrectly - fixed.
Bodies and sub-bodies of multipart messages are extracted incorrectly - fixed.
- SSPI - some fixes for Delphi 2009 support.
- SMTP, POP3 and IMAP4 servers - the problem with sending of long (which are longer than BatchSize value) lines was fixed.
- WebUpdate - executing of command files did not work in Delphi 2009 - fixed.
- Exception occured when staring internet communication on Windows 2000/2003 server - fixed.
Starting from now the HttpMail component was removed from the library. This component handled Microsoft Hotmail protocol. Since this protocol is no longer supported by Microsoft, we decided to remove this component from the Clever Internet Suite. If you want to still use the WebDAV technology, please consider migrating to the WebDAV component.
The Clever Internet Suite components allow you to download, upload and post the Internet-resources asynchronously and obtain all related information without interfering with the main application processes.
The library includes components which work with a single resource and the components for processing several resources simultaneously.
These components allow you to compose / parse messages in alternative MIME format with multiple file attachments, build and send Web Form POST requests and many other features.
The Web Update component will help you keep your customers and users informed about all the latest changes and software updates available from your web-server (Internet resource). It allows receiving updates from the Internet in the way similar to the Windows Update. The whole process of checking, downloading and updating can be fully customized by defining event sequences.
The SoapMessage allows you to combine the XML SOAP message and digitally sign (DSIG) it if necessary.
The ProgressBar component allows you to display the progress information about resource downloading, uploading or www data posting.
The SMTP, POP3, IMAP and HTTP Mail clients allow you to send and retrieve email messages over the Internet.
The Clever Internet Suite components provide the complete Client / Server solutions for the most common Internet protocols: SMTP, POP3, IMAP4, NNTP and FTP.
All server components represent the fully functional multithreaded servers with an ability to customize the user and thread performance settings, supports the most common protocols extensions.
Components can connect to the a server via the Secure Socket Layer (SSL / TLS) channel, and capable of encoding / decoding the message content, sending file attachments and many other useful features.
Also a set of additional classes and components are available: Mail Message, HTTP Request, GZip compressor, MIME Encoder, S/MIME message, SOAP message, HTML Parser, Progress Bar. All these component make the application development process easy and clean. You can use these components separately from the main protocol components with any other library and even with your own socket implementation.
Demo version information
Free demo version of Clever Internet Suite is available for evaluation purposes only. Demo version can operate inside Delphi or C++ Builder IDE only; all other features are completely available.
The following new features will be implemented:
- Server components for HTTP protocol.
- FTP SSH support.
- Existing components improvements.
- Support for ICMP, LDAP, ACAP and other protocols
Article ID: 2, Created On: 1/20/2010, Modified: 5/25/2012